How to blog for profit?
Do you want to learn how to blog for profit? Ever wanted to start your an online business and not sure where to begin? First, creating a blog is the first step in creating your online business. Blogs are a great asset for showcasing your business. In this article, I will explain how to setup a website and the best tools in which to liven up your website.
You will need a web host and domain name.
You will need to find a reliable hosting provider to host your website content. Going for a free web host isn’t very wise because there are many factors that you will have to worry about. Limited bandwidth, constant website downtime, lack of customer support when your website goes down. Buying PAID hosting minimizes these issues and it’s very affordable.
The best hosting provider in this day of age to host your content is Siteground (You can opt to receive hosting for as low as $3.99 a month and you can will receive a free domain if you opt for 12 months of hosting which saves you around $15 a year.)
Why should you make the move to Siteground?
- Host professional looking blogs to make money from. I will explain more about blogs in the next section.
- Affordable hosting solution with free domain
- Excellent Customer Service
- You can implement Google Adsense, affiliate programs and more on your website for monetization efforts.
- Free .com domain name when you register.
- 1-click WordPress Installation.
- Big Discount on all hosting plans!
Choose your hosting plan
SiteGround has three plans and one can sign for any of them with a great discount through your affiliate link.
It is also good to make a recommendation for the most appropriate plan to your audience:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
All plans include free domain registration.
Complete your order
Unlike many other hosting providers our advertised discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the signup process. Being able to get the low price for the one year period is a fact that increases conversions greatly in comparison to other providers where the lowest monthly price applies only for the longest period. So highlighting this fact may strongly increase your conversions.
You will need blogging software.
One word. WordPress. There’s nothing that can really compete with WordPress. It’s free and it includes many downloadable plugins and themes that you can use to extend the quality of your blog. BlueHost makes it easy to install WordPress after you purchase a hosting plan with them. Check out the video to learn how to install WordPress with BlueHost.
Customization and Monetization
After installation of WordPress, you will be supplied with a link to your WordPress Admin Portal. After signing to the portal, you will have the ability to make new posts, pages, installing themes, plugins and more.
There are many ways to monetize your blog and I will give you a few ways to do so.
Google Adsense: Google offers ads for you to embed on your website. Implementation is very simple as WordPress have many Adsense HTML embedding plugins that you can stick on your widgets, posts, pages, etc.
Clickbank: The best affiliate market distribution site for digital items such as eBooks.
Amazon Afflilate Program: If you are starting a niche based site, you can search up the product with Amazon Afflilate Program and make a commission for selling the product through your website.
Payloadz: If you have your own products that you wish to sell, then Payloadz will allow you to sell your content through their content distribution system.